Conditions of use
Researchers are kindly requested to read and follow the, fill in and sign the and send it two weeks in advance to planned visit to archives[a]wcc-coe.org
- Consultation follows the Archives Rules (Febr. 2012) and is only upon request and appointment. It is free of charge.
- Access to archival documents is open 20 years after file closure. In case of preponderant interests the embargo period may be longer.
- Any user who asks for access to records during an embargo period is requested to submit a written request to the archivists of WCC, explaining the research purpose and specifying in an as detailed and precise way as possible the records or documents whose disclosure he or she requests.
- Consultation takes place exclusively in the reading room.
- Ordering is limited to three units (boxes). An order form must be filled out for every unit.
- Users are not allowed to access the repositories except accompanied by the staff or under explicit authorization.
- Use of personal devices as cameras (without flash) is generally allowed but needs previous authorization of the staff.
- The archivists help and guide the user to start the search. Any other services carried out by the archivists, such as search and documentation on request and reproduction of documents, are subject to the search and reproduction fee as specified in the .
- Use of archival sources has to be acknowledged by quoting the source "Archives of the World Council of Churches" or "WCC Archives", and in case of reproduction of a document as an image, "by permission of World Council of Churches", and by indicating the exact archival reference number.
The WCC Archives are located across the garden in the backyard of the Ecumenical Centre at Geneva (see
Take the bus Nr. 5 operating between Geneva main station Cornavin and Geneva Airport until bus stop Crêts de Morillon. A small footpath is leading you along the back side of the buildings to WCC’s “Espace Archives”.
If you come by car, please announce yourself to the reception. Parking facilities are free of charge but require authorization.